No signs of Star Poker return as The Star Sydney reveals recent patron has tested positive to COVID-19

Star Entertainment Group says its flagship casino resort, The Star Sydney, will remain open despite being informed by NSW Health on Monday that a patron who visited last week has tested positive to COVID-19.

The patron in question visited the casino for around three hours on Saturday 4 July 2020, Star said, with the company now conducting contact tracing, including staff members, to determine who they may have come in contact with.

The Star Sydney reopened its main gaming floor on 1 July, limiting the number of customers allowed on the floor at any one time to a maximum of 5,000 based on the NSW Government requirement of one person per four square meters of floor space.

However, the Star Poker Room has yet to reopen and Star Poker has given no indication the room will open anytime soon. The Sydney Poker Championships, scheduled to start next Tuesday 21 July 2020, are almost certain to be cancelled completely although there has not yet been any official word on the event.

On Monday, Star said it will continue its existing casino operations in accordance with its COVID-Safe Plan. 

“The Plan incorporates COVID-safe measures into The Star’s existing comprehensive work health and safety procedures,” the company said, incorporating “spatial distancing measures, hygiene and cleaning measures across the property including extensive intra-day cleaning and a daily comprehensive clean during a property shutdown between 6am and 10am. 

“The Plan has been developed and endorsed by two independent health experts.”

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*