The Queen’s Birthday long weekend weather is generally pretty lousy – especially for those in the southern half of the country – so why not check out one of the many great poker events scheduled over the next few days.
• Despite losing its ANZPT status, Casino Canberra has again scheduled a major event for the Queen’s Birthday long weekend. The $1100 buy-in Winter Poker Tournament will be played on June 9-11, with day one flights on the first two scheduled dates. Both flights will be capped at 80 players (plus alternates). For more details, check out www.casinocanberra.com.au.
• Crown’s Ultimate Bracelet Chase promotion continues this weekend. The $550 WSOP Main Event Bracelet Chase event will kick-off on Sunday at 6pm. The winner will receive an AUD $13,000 package including a 2012 WSOP Main Event seat and AUD $3000 for travel expenses.
On Saturday at 4.10pm, the AUD $200 Deepstack WSOP Bracelet Chase tournament offers players the chance to win a package valued at AUD $4000 which includes entry into any WSOP event of the player’s choice, up to the value of the package, with any remaining funds paid as cash towards travel expenses.
• Star Poker in Sydney is assured of plenty of great cash action over the long weekend, while tournament aficionados have two great choices. On Sunday from 2.15pm, the $125 Super Sunday Satellite will offer one seat to the next Super Sunday event on June 24 for every $1100 in the prizepool. Then on Monday from 12.40pm, The Star will host a special $550 No Limit Hold’em Special Event. For details, see starpoker.net.au.
• Australia’s longest running major pub poker tournament series, Aussie Hold’em Poker’s Newcastle Poker Championships, will kick-off at Club Macquarie tonight with events running through to June 17. The schedule opens with a NLHE Freeroll with $10 rebuys. PokerMedia Australia will be providing live coverage of NPC VI starting tonight. For more information about the series, check out www.newcastlepokerchampionships.com.au.
• An estimated $20,000 in cash and prizes are expected to be up for grabs at Harbord Diggers in coming days in a special long weekend of poker at the popular NPL venue. Events include a $22 bounty (tonight at 6.30pm), the Sydney North Regional Final, $35 Mega Deepstack and $75 Ken Nicholson Memorial tournament plus sit ‘n’ goes on demand. Go to www.npl.com.au for more info.
• The latest Queensland $10,000 Deepstack will be played on Monday at the Moreton Bay Sports Club in Tingalpa. Players who won an APL or 888PL event between March 1 and May 31 automatically qualify for this event. The top two finishers will win $2000 and $1000 respectively along with seats to the next MAIN EVENT at Crown in Melbourne on September 5-9.