After the success of last year’s Newcastle and Spring Poker Championships, the team at Aussie Hold’em Poker are gearing for the first major series of 2012 – the Summer Poker Championships – which kick-off tomorrow (Wednesday) at Club Macquarie in Argenton, NSW.
The Summer Poker Championships will comprise five events including the marquee Main Event and High Roller tournament over five days (February 8-12).
Aussie Hold’em’s Marty Wooster urged all regional players to experience the excitement of the Summer Poker Championships at the league’s spiritual home.
“Club Macquarie embraces the true spirit of world-class poker tournaments by allowing every event to draw to a natural conclusion with no “closing time” limitations. This allows us to present tournaments with relaxed blind structures with plenty of levels and lots of time for players. On top of that, Club Macquarie has great food, great services and even on-site accommodation,” Wooster said.
PMA will be providing extensive coverage of the Summer Poker Championships Main Event over the weekend.
Summer Poker Championships schedule
February 8: Event #1 $40+$4 Pineapple with Bounties
• The opening event will feature a fun pineapple tournament with $30 of the entry fee going to the prizepool and $10 paid to players for every bounty taken. Registration from 6pm for 7pm (late rego one hour); $1500 guarantee.
February 9: Event #2 $20+$2 NLHE w/ rebuys
• This event has a single $20 rebuy and add-on. The rebuy can be taken any time players are equal to or below the starting stack. Registration from 6pm for 7pm (late rego one hour); $2000 guarantee.
February 10: Event #3 $50+$5 NLHE Six-Max Deepstack
• With a maximum of six players on each table at all times get ready for poker with lots of action! Registration from 6pm for 7pm (late rego one hour); $2000 guarantee.
February 11-12: Event #4 $100+$10 NLHE Main Event
• Run over two days with 30-minute levels and a 20,000 start stack this event will see some great poker with plenty of time for players to make all the important decisions! Registration from 1pm for 2pm (late rego two hours); day 2 starts at noon; $5000 guarantee.
February 12: $550 High Roller Event
• This is an “invitation only” event – players who are interested are asked to contact our offices for more information on (02) 4958 7676. The event will feature 30-minute levels, a 20,000 start stack, antes from level four and dealers at every table! Play starts at 2pm with late registration to the end of the first break.