Graham Gillespie pocketed a first prize of $10,000 when he took out the East Coast Poker Championship last November at Diggers @ Newcastle City. It was the biggest single-day poker event ever played in November, offering a prizepool of $31,000.
The team at Southern Cross Poker (SCP) are hoping to surpass that milestone when the region’s best and brightest – from Wyong to Wauchope – converge on Diggers @ Newcastle City for this weekend’s edition of the East Coast Poker Championship.
More than 100 players have already confirmed their seats as qualifiers via their local SCP venues including:
• The top 10 in every SCP region
• Every venue leaderboard winner
• The top 15 players on every venue leader board qualified for the SCP semi-finals, with 10 seats up for grabs
• The top three at every $7k Rewards Game
• Last Chance satellites held three weeks prior to each ECPC event
The ECPC offers a guaranteed prizepool of $25,000, with direct buy-in available for $180 + $20. Players will start with a stack of 25,000 and levels are 25 minutes. Play starts at noon on Sunday (February 5) at Diggers @ Newcastle City, Hanbury St, Mayfield.
• PokerMedia Australia will be providing regular updates from Diggers @ Newcastle City on Sunday on our website and via Facebook (click Like on our page to follow all the action).