It’s a massive weekend along the eastern seaboard for players in the APL, 888PL and Pub Poker competitions with the latest round of State Championships.
This weekend, the state champions of New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland will be decided while next weekend, it’s the turn of players in South Australia, Western Australia and Tasmania. The total prize pool across the two weekends is guaranteed at $140,000 comprising $78,000 cash and more 50 seats to the MAIN EVENT (February 23-26 at Crown).
• The NSW State Championships comprise only part of the one of the eight events as part of the $100,000 APL South West Super Series at the Liverpool Catholic Club. The Super Series, scheduled for January 19-22, features the $60,000 NSW State Championships, the $25,000 APL Pro Open and the NSW Player of the Year play-off. Click here for more details.
• Queensland’s finest APL and 888PL players will converge on the Kedron Wavell Services Club (375 Hamilton Rd, Chermside) for tomorrow (Saturday’s) State Championships. Registration is from 9am for an 11am start. Qualifiers include those who made the top five on any Season 4 Event Leaderboard; top five on the Season 4 Regional Leaderboard and winner of any eligible Season 4 Special Events. There will also be a $1000 Freeroll event starting at 4pm.
• The Furlan Club in Thornbury will host the Victorian State Championships tomorrow and for the first time, players from Pub Poker will join the State’s top APL and 888PL performers. Action starts at 11am (registration from 9am) with qualifiers including those who made the top five on the State or Regional Scoreboard, top four in any regular nightly venue scoreboard or won any Special Event where a State Champs Seat was on offer. Other events include a Freeroll at 7pm tonight (Friday), $20 Main Event Rebuy (3.30pm Saturday) and $120 Main Event Freezeout (6pm Saturday with satellites throughout the day).
• The SA State Championships are at the Checkside Tavern in West Lakes next Sunday (January 29). Registration opens at 9am with cards in the air at 10.30am. The top five on any Season 3 Event or Regional Leaderboards, first or second place at any SA Regional Final and the winners of any eligible Season 3 Special Events will play off for a guaranteed $10,000 in cash and Main Event tickets. Other events include a $5 Rebuy Frenzy offering a Main Event seat for every $1200 in the prizepool (2.30pm) and a $120 Main Event Satellite at 6pm.
• Next weekend will also feature the WA State Championships (Sunday, January 29 at Tompkins Park, Alfred Cove – registration from noon for 2pm start) and the Tasmania State Championships (Saturday, January 28 at the Launceston Workmen’s Club, Launceston (registration from noon for 1pm start).